The primary purpose of signage is visual communication. Signs succinctly convey critical information needed by the receiver so they can make cognitive in the moment decisions based on the information provided. In general, signage can be classified into the following functions:
- Information – signs giving information about services and facilities. I.e., maps, directories, instructions for use, etc.
- Direction – signs leading to services, facilities, functional spaces and key areas. I.e., sign posts, directional arrows, etc.
- Identification – signs indicating services and facilities. I.e., building signs, room names and numbers, floor numbers, etc.
- Sales Promotion – signs promoting a special price or offer to increase consumer demand. I.e., billboards, banners, POS display, posters
- Safety and Regulatory – signs giving warning or safety instructions. I.e., warning signs, traffic signs, exit signs, rules and regulations, etc.
Every business can benefit from a well-designed sign, but not every sign company can produce for you a custom designed sign like we can at Design Dynamics. Call us at 949-870-3320 to see how we can help you improve your business signage.